Scene Detector Revision History:
Version 3.1 | Release Date: March 2, 2020
- Now Scene Detector supports modern versions of macOS (up to Catalina).
- Some minor improvements in user interface has been made.
Version 3.0 | Release Date: March 9, 2016
- Now Scene Detector supports modern versions of Mac OS X (up to El Captain, 10.11.x).
- The scene detection algorithm has been greatly improved, now detection accuracy is much better.
Version 2.6 | Release Date: August 26, 2009
- Fixed bug in calculation of duration for the last scene in the media - in all editions of Scene Detector.
- Pro version only: command line interface has been updated to allow running from folders
with names containing spaces.
Version 2.5 | Release Date: December 28, 2008
- When exporting scene positions in formats other than FCP XML, it outputs
different values for end of scene position and subsequent scene start
Version 2.4 | Release Date: November 19, 2008
- Now scene position is also exported as feets and frames when output format is
CSV or HTML.
Version 2.3 | Release Date: September 12, 2008
- Now information about scenes in FCP XML can be produced out of video files. Before
version 2.3 FCP XML can be generated only out of FCP XML files.
This means users of Final Cut Express can use the product too (since FCE does not
allow export of XML, it can only import XML)!
- Pro Edition of Scene Detector has
been introduced. It adds support for command line interface to Scene Detector.
Version 2.2 | Release Date: Aug 11, 2008
- Severe bug with saving scene info in .html format has been fixed.
Version 2.1 | Release Date: July 14, 2008
- Now it can create video files, one for each scene found. The output files
can be either standalone video files (in this case frame and audio data will be
copied without recompressout to output files) or reference video files
(in this case output files will be about 2Kb each, and will be depend on the
existance of input video file).
- Updated some hints in the GUI
Version 2.0 | Release Date: June 29, 2008
- Now it can output information about scenes to HTML, CSV and 4 types of EDL files, and to
"Scene Detector State" files.
- Now raw video files or "Scene Detector State" files can be used for input.
- Fixed a rare bug with loading of dynamic libraries that was present on systems with
self-compiled libexpat (on those systems, detection didn't start at all).
Version 1.3 | Release Date: May 26, 2008
- Fixed bug with media with non-integer frame rates (23.976, 29.97, 59.94) - now markers
appear exactly at scene boundaries for such media.
Version 1.2 | Release Date: March 28, 2008
- Now markers are also added at the begining and at the end of the clip (or at clip's In and Out
points, if set), to make creation of subclips more convenient.
- Appending similarity measure is off by default.
- It's explicitly suggested to export a single clip from Final Cut Browser window rather than
Version 1.1 | Release Date: March 6, 2008
Several minor fixes were made enhancing the overall look and feel of the software.
Version 1.0 | Release Date: March 4, 2008
The primary release date of Scene Detector.